Hi there, sorry I’ve been so lax lately, life, work and Christmas seem to be getting in the way.
However, a couple of days ago I made the decision to move my blog over to Blogspot simply for ease and to feel a little more in the blogger world. This blog will still be available and I will periodically post on it (this is my prime blog for my college project anyway) but I’ll be available more on Blogspot.
Thank you for reading though and I hope to speak soon.
Feel free to find me at the following places though!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Peace and love xox
It’s no secret that 2013 has been my fashion year if all years. Why? Because I found a passion within it this year (and spent most of my hard earned cash on my fave pieces). From buying the Topshop shoes Eleanor Calder wore at the Topshop A/W13 Unique show, to the cute Zara skort every fashion blogger from here to Timbuktu fawned over profusely, I thought I should show you the items I simply could have not lived without this year. (Sadly some pieces didn’t make the cut, or rather they did but the good old ‘net didn’t harbour any images for such things)
1. Alexy Platform Boots – Topshop – £75
2. Katz – Topshop – £75
3. Ankle Combination Track Boots – Zara – £59.99
4. Accent Boots – Topshop – £40
5. Textured Satchel – H&M – £14.99
6. Black Skort – Zara – £25.99
7. High Waisted Shorts – Topshop – £15
8. Fleece Collar Black Jacket – H&M – £20
9. Denim MOTO Jacket – Topshop – £45
10. Mesh Stripe Crop Top – Topshop – £18
11. Amelie Skinny Jeans – River Island – £15
12. B&W Vertical Striped Skinny Jeans – Forever 21 – £18.99
13. MOTO PVC Heart Back Jacket – Topshop – £20
14. MOTO Contrast Knee Jamie Jeans – Topshop – £20
15. Short Sleeve Panel Shirt – Topshop – £15
16. Vogue Fashion’s Night Out 2013 – Topshop – £18
17. Bayswater – Mulberry – £28
18. Converse – £38
19. Gesture Heels – Topshop – £35
20. Black Roll Neck Crop Top – Topshop – £5
1. Originally I went into Topshop to try (and purchase) the Katz shoes because I was simply lusting over them but then my nana told me she wasn’t keen on them on me and I was craving something so I bought these boots because they were the other pair I wanted. I was unsure if I wanted to keep them but as the year has passed by, I have worn them so much more than I anticipated. This week alone I will have worn them 5 times because I can’t keep them off my feet. Definitely worth the price and they are super comfortable.
2. Nearly every style blogger I have encountered this year has a pair of these, and it’s not hard to tell why. I first saw the on Week 1’s Trendsetter Tuesday, Eleanor Calder for the Topshop show back in January and I was in love instantly. They were nothing like anything I have ever purchase or worn before, sure they were expensive and it took a great debate to buy them but suddenly I said buy them! And I never once regretted it. I have seriously worn them countless times, they are simply my go-to shoes and can class up any outfit. I have no qualms about wearing them on a night out even. I cannot rave about these shoes enough. And with the release of the Katz2, you can now purchase them at a reduced price of £52!
3. About 6 hours after seeing these boots online (and finishing work), I had purchased these and was eagerly anticipating receiving them. A few girls I follow on Tumblr were simply gushing over how wonderful and versatile they are. So I tallied up that I would have earnt the ticket price within that working day and with that night’s babysitting money, therefore I saw no reason not to buy them. My only issue is that they run a little big, I bought a UK size 6 and they were too big for my size 6 feet. I could have really benefitted more for a 5 but I was too desperate to wear them so I’ve had to stick out big boots now. A great purchase though
4. Boy oh boy. I remember the first time I saw these boots, I simply fell in love. I’m not sure what city I was in but I saw the navy blue velvet pair which were simply stunning. I wanted the boots so bad but I knew I would not have worn then enough for the original £85 tag attached to it. So I waited it out a while, eventually forgetting about my mini obsession of seeking them out in every Topshop I visited (which was a lot). Then in April, TS’s big sale was released online, and those boots were sat there waiting for me to buy them. The black and navy pairs were a little higher in price, but the oxblood ones were £40 and they were in my basket within seconds. I ended up keeping the smaller size of 5 although they are a little tight. But within half an hour they are perfect and I have worn them umpteen times. The toes are literally discoloured from use but they owe me nothing at this stage.
5. This is another one of those ‘style blogger favourites‘. Mulberry bags are way way way out of most of our budget ranges so we were all truly thrilled at H&M creating a similar Effie satchel for just £14.99! I couldn’t choose between colours so I bought the black and the cream ones. Oops.
6. Wait for it, this is another one of those ‘style blogger favourites‘! I tried to resist buying this, I really did, but the more I saw my friends online wearing it, the more in love I fell. To make up for the fact I didn’t think I would wear it all that much, I’ve been wearing it whenever I can! The best thing about it is that you can wear it casually with tights and Converse, or you can wear it barelegged and with heels. I wanted the cream one too but I managed to resist.
7. I had been after some high waisted shorts for ages but I couldn’t find any that had that perfect fit so I purchased a pair I saw in the Topshop sale. it didn’t really register that I had bought them in the Tall section and I’m more Petite but I’m super thankful I did that because they were hotpants so by being Tall they were longer. I wore then a lot during summer and they were definitely a saving grace.
8. Another sale item! A fair few people on Tumblr purchased this and I admit, I loved it but I was too stubborn to buy a winter coat even at £35. But then it went in the sale for £20 and I just HAD to have it. I loved it and it’s super comfortable and cosy.
9. I’ve been wanting a denim jacket for some time and I had to try this one on as soon as I saw it. I was slightly unsure at first but my mum is a bad influence and before I knew it, I was walking out of the shop with a new jacket. And I;m glad she talked me into it because it’s been a constant attachment to my body for the past few months. I love love love it!
10. This is another Eleanor Calder influenced buy that drew me in the moment I saw it. I didn’t know how to feel about £18 for a crop top, but it’s gorgeous and a little bit different and I love to wear it with my black playsuit and cord pinafore.
11. I bought these back in April when I was starting to build up my wardrobe again, and at £15 for a pair or skinny ripped jeans, they were too good to pass up. I ended up with two pairs. They have been worn time and time again and I never tire of them. They are some of the best things I have ever bought. Ever.
12. These jeans are super super comfy and a bit quirky to give your outfit a different dynamic. I didn’t wear them very much at the beginning and I almost listed them on eBay, but thankfully I reneged and I have worn them a few times this week alone. It’s almost a crime that they were so cheap!
13. I just fell in love with this jacket the moment I saw it online but it was a little pricey for a jacket when there were things I wanted/needed more. But when my mum found one in Manchester in the sale, she made me try it on (despite it being a size smaller than myself) and it fit like a glove. Do you ever feel like things were meant for you? I’m pretty sure this jacket is proof of that. Since then I’ve worn it to death and it’s still in perfect condition.
14. These jeans were just a try piece, I needed some jeans (that weren’t black) and these were cute and cheap enough in the sale. I have never found a pair of jeans that fit as perfectly as these do. Fact: My mum owns a pair too. We have good taste.
15. Every girl needs a cute and versatile blouse in their wardrobe, I am absolutely no exception to this rule. I actually bought it when it was full price but returned it, so finding it in the sale was a perk. You can literally wear it with anything.
16. My dearly beloved Vogue shirt. Back in October, Manchester hosted Vogue Fashion’s Night Out and I kept trying to talk myself out of buying this shirt because it’s V-neck (I never wear v-necks) and it was just another t-shirt. But I had to grab one, I left the store and then returned and picked it up with some lipstick. And I proved myself wrong because I have worn it a lot since.
17. MULBERRY. Okay, so it’s not real but it’s as near as damn it. I bought this in Turkey in a little market stall, I paid a little extra for a really good copy and the brass plate with the lock on even has a little tree on it. The lining is tree printed too. For a copy, the production of it is fantastic.
18. I’ve been wanting some of these for ages but I didn’t know how much I would wear them, so I purchased a pair in Turkey to trial and then after wearing them to death (they are wrecked), I bought myself a pair and I love them. Definitely a must have in everyone’s wardrobe.
19. Aren’t these heels the most beautiful thing ever? I fell in love with them after I saw them on my good friend Carré and the second they hit in the sale, I snapped them up and refused to let them go. They aren’t the comfiest things ever and I do not recommend being on your feet all night whilst wearing them but they are simply divine.
20. I have worn this crop so much, I’m not sure of it’s a tall or not (probably because it’s quite long), but that extra length means I can wear it with a pair of jeans for a shopping day or with my skort on a night out. It’s versatile and neat and classy. A great addition to my wardrobe.
So these are the top 20 items of the year, minus jewellery obviously. I can’t wait for next year to start (and those damn christmas sales!) so I can spoil myself all over again and I may actually bring some colour into my life!
What are your favourite items of 2013?
Peace and love xox
I feel like Wednesday’s will be my weekly update of my outfits, alas I really need to up my game and do this more often. Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the backdrop for it is the same as last week and it’s the large street window of room RG1.14. Not a pretty sight.
This Ozzy Osbourne tank top has been from one end of my wardrobe to the other more times than I can count. This means that one more than one occasion I have debated selling it due to it being oversized and barely worn. However it is debated whether Eleanor Calder owns the same shirt, plus it took me so long to find it, and when I did it was super cheap. I guess I’ll be hanging onto it for a while longer.
Ozzy Osbourne Leather Trim Tank Top – And Finally… @ Topshop
Black Snake Wrap Skirt – Topshop
Moto Light Blue Western Jacket – Topshop
Lace Trim Ankle Socks – Topshop
White Plimsolls – Converse
Rose Gold Watch – Michael Kors
Taking one look at this outfit, I have come to the realisation (once again) that I wear too much Topshop. Although it’s hard not to when half of your wardrobe is from there, I really need to branch out more.
This outfit was super comfy though and I think it’s cute. However, one these cold autumn months, I should really choose something that will cover my legs. Maybe I should have donned a pair of tights instead.
Peace and love xox
As you may have seen from my October haul post, I bought a super cute burgundy and white heart print skirt in the sale which I have been dying to wear but been unsure whether it looked right on me or not. Today, I decided that this 2013 Burberry print was absolutely not leaving my house in a plastic bag with the receipt tucked into it, it would leave the house on my body minus the store tags.
One thing I can say about this is that it is a really comfortable garment. It fits well, with an elasticated back waist that lends a helping hand when you’ve had a cheeky bite to eat and is not constricting throughout your day.
Long Sleeved Crop Top – Topshop
Heart Print Skirt – Primark
Black Tights – Primark
Katz Shoes – Topshop
Oversized Patent Bag – Primark
Biker Jacket – H&M
I’m very happy to say that I also bought a winter coat in the H&M sale which is about time after I have worn the same coat for the past three winters. It was lucky that I waited out the winter outerwear situation seeing as I nearly bought this jacket a month or so back for £35, but by stalling I only paid £18.60 including postage!
Also, a lovely little shoutout to my best college friend for being a sport today and taking my images in our deserted classroom as we waited a lengthy time for our college project to finalise.
What are your thoughts on the heart print this year?
Peace and Love xox
However, a couple of days ago I spotted a jumper I simply adored. Thankfully Polyvore are informative and helpful enough to have the brand website in the information box that shows when you hover over an item. That website was Choies. I won’t lie and say I was a frequent visitor of that website, because I wasn’t. I’d never heard of it.
Here is the sweater I am hoping to purchase soon! (x)
After stumbling upon this website, I began searching the categories and clothes to find a few items I quite fancied and was pleasantly surprised to adore quite a substantial amount of cute clothes.
Instantly, I was drawn to the header ‘BLOGGER WANTED’, and curiosity took hold of me, forcing me to click the link. I was surprised to find the Fashion Programme which can give bloggers the opportunity to receive Choies items in exchange for promotion on their blogs. I thought the idea was truly superb so I took a few moments to sign up.
I really recommend you guys doing the same, it’s most definitely worth applying to see if anything comes of it.
I also took few minutes to compile a couple of sets of items I really liked from their webstore.
Overall, I really enjoyed finding out about Choies and I hope to buy from there in the future.
Check Choies out here (x)!
(Please click the link and have a look to help me try and become a Choies blogger. It will only take a second :))
Peace and love xox
I figured now was a good a time as any to do a small write up on the things I purchased this month. Mostly because I really don’t think my bank account would appreciate me spending for the rest of the month. Well the 4 days we have left. November will be a completely different story.
I think most of this months items were sale bargains, and I’ve come to realise that in the past 6 months or so, I’ve become a sale junkie and am starting to repel paying full price for anything again. I really need to get over that.
There are a few other things I treated myself to this month but I either posted them in my FNO post or I’m too lazy to dig them out so that totally does not count. I guess this post counts for the past 2 weeks then.
I’ve totally been itching to embrace the tartan for this season but I just haven’t been able to find anything that I actually wanted to spend my money on (aside from those Topshop shorts that I fell in love with and cried about 10 litres of tears over because they did not fit my body type). I love the detail of the button connecting the straps to the bib and the rounded edges of the shorts. They do need altering slightly but overall I love them.
SALE: G21 @ Asda – £7
I LOVE LOVE LOVE playsuits, when my mum pointed this out online, I fell in love. The plain black material works so perfectly with the segment of colour framing the neck. It hits the current season with the playsuit being teamed with tartan. I literally cannot fault it and it looks so slimming on, hanging perfectly.
SALE: G21 @ Asda – £7
I thought this was so divine the moment I saw it, and for once Primark didn’t let me down. The ‘Burberry’ print is shoved down your throat in nearly every store you enter right now but I genuinely love it. It’s cute and girly but the colour can switch up the personality of your outfit and I simply adore it. The length is perfect on me, the back of the waistband is elasticated and the front it button down.
SALE: Primark – £5
Last month I bought a black and white spotted shirt from H&M but I wasn’t overly comfortable with the size (even though I bought a size smaller and it was still too big) and the material was really poor because it creased so so easily. However I went to the new Matalan store in Liverpool and found this cute shirt. It worked out the same price as the H&M one but the material is much better and I love it.
Matalan – £12
HOORAY FOR TOPSHOP’S MID SEASON SALE! I’ve been lusting after this jumpsuit for months now but I just didn’t fancy paying £38 for it. So when I saw it in the sale for £20, I had to add it to my basket. I was dubious about it, I thought it would cling all wrong and be too long (I was right there) and I thought it would look awful, but I had to try it regardless. When it arrived and I tried it, I was in love. I rolled the ankles up a little and realised that it was actually so flattering on me, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I picked a winner there.
SALE: Topshop – £20
Oh my days. I fell unbearably in love with these shoes a couple of months back when my good friend Carre (TheCarreConcept) wore them in an OOTD picture. However, I could absolutely not warrant the £62 price tag when I saw them as a pair of shoes that would barely be worn. Honestly, I nearly cried when I spied them in the SALE section on TS’s website. I’m glad to say that with these shoes, and that jumpsuit above, I have found my birthday outfit.
SALE: Topshop – £35
Normally I find store sales really stressful but Topshop’s excited me more than anything. I thought this little print crop top was so cute and it can be paired with so many things as well as being dressed up or dress down. I cannot wait to wear it.
SALE: Topshop – £5
Back in August, I contemplated buying these after wanting a new pair of jeans so bad. But like most things, I was unsure whether I liked them on me enough to pay the full ticket price, alas the sale was kind to me once again and I nabbed these jeans for half price! I love them, I love how casual and comfortable they are but also how chic and funky they can be. That darker denim side stripe is perfect.
SALE: Topshop – £20
Lastly, I thought it was time to treat myself to some new lipstick’s. After crying over LUSH’s ‘Drive’ purple lipstick, I decided a bold colour was the way forward for me. I’ve never been one for lipstick but it seems this year I have found my love for it and buying these was a good choice, much like the Topshop one I purchased at FNO.
I’ve been wanting to try out something from the Little Mix make-up range that they have done for Superdrug, a Collection collaboration and I had heard so many raving reviews on the Perrie lipstick, I had to buy it myself. Verdict? I BLOODY LOVE IT. Absolutely adore that colour. I also bought a gorgeous shade from Collection own range, however it looked more purple on my hand and more pink on my lips but I’m not complaining too much there.
Both: Superdrug – £2.99 each
So that’s my haul for this month, check back at the end of November to see what I purchased throughout the month and on my birthday trip to London. Let me see the bright lights!
Peace and love